Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wow it's been a bit eh?

The famous it's been a while post. These posts are never good to get through. I mean on one hand it's very awesome that I'm super busy, but at the same time it's a slap in the face to my work/communication ethic that I'm not more prepared to update the blog here on the site.

So this is an update of sorts, and a sorting of updates... did you see what I did there? *laugh*

Alright first and foremost I need to let out a huge THANK YOU to everyone that has helped with the fundraising and the move. We wouldn't know where we'd be right now if you all hadn't come through.

Mailing out of the art pieces from the Ballpoint and Full color fund raising events will come as soon as possible. An explanation is in order.

I've gotten a few emails about when I'm shipping out the pieces. Let me say first and foremost, that I am indeed an idiot. In the excitement of the fund raising I only raised what we needed to move, not for anything else. I regrettably didn't portion a bit off from the shipping on each piece. So eager to make the mark, I neglected this. So this puts me in a jam. I do not want to take on more commissions while there are a few that are still waiting on their pieces. Also I have this mountain that I need to ship out. Right now I'm working on a job, and my Wife Lisa just scored a job out at the new place, so in about a weeks time we will have some funds to push out the art. Lisa will also be head of shipping from here on out. If you are looking for a status update on shipping please contact her at Lisa@crisishour.com

Working on a comic right now that is pretty much my priority. As soon as I'm done with this issue I'm on and I get a break I'll be back at the art casts more often. Until then I have to do what my job requires now. It's hard to break a habit, and I'm trying to make the best of it. I'll see you guys again very soon, and I'll clean up what I have left of the commissions hopefully within the last of this month.

The images in this post are the two sketches I did on FCBD (Free Comic Book Day)

2 comments:

trekker9er said...

Learn and move on.

I like the Spiderman one!

Peter Palmiotti said...

Great to hear you, your wife...family are doing well. Sounds like things are on the right track! Continued best!