Monday, February 20, 2012

The three stages of Cerebus the Aardvark.

00
This piece was VERY fun to do. I've never been so into these water colors. It was a very lengthy process. The inks are some of my favorite. That style of inking while it takes quite a bit to complete, it's very relaxing. Tedious, but relaxing. I also think the end result just shows how much work goes into it!

I have here three different versions of this piece. You'll see the water color piece here at the left. Then below you'll find the black and white line art, as well as a digitally colored piece. I'll have to say personally my traditional colors blow my digital stuff out of the water. Looks like I'll have to learn from my traditional work and incorporate that back into the digital work. I took what I learned digitally and applied that to my traditional works... but it looks like I need to revisit my digital work theories.

If anyone is wondering if I'm taking commissions for pieces like this. I am indeed. It'll be a bit before I can get to yours as I have some other work in between. I will keep you in the loop and let you know when the commissions are started by showing step by steps via Twitter, Facebook, and email.

The pieces are $175 + $10 shipping for the U.S. and $18 for Int'l customers∞. All inquiries about these can be made at Jeremy@JeremyTreece.com

∞Additional colorations such as the digital colored piece are an additional charge.

Cerebus the Aardvark is © and ™Dave Sim.